The most effective agents are the ones always learning new techniques to improve their productivity and sales. In addition to conferences, networking events, team training, and on the job learning, real estate coaching programs are another way for agents to grow their business and stay up to date with industry news, tools, and processes.
How you choose a real estate coaching program depends on your budget and unique needs. For coaching programs that are more expensive than you expected, consider this: customizable programs have the potential for a higher ROI than low-cost programs that offer general guidance.
In addition to pricing options and flexibility, other benefits of real estate coaching programs include:
- Accountability. Coaching programs include regular check-ins that follow up on assignments and progress.
- Business planning. Coaching programs help agents understand business concepts — not just real estate — and create their own strategic plans by helping them understand who their audience is and what they need.
- Personalized planning. Coaching programs show agents how to work smarter, not harder, by prioritizing tasks and using the right business tools.
- Access to experience. Coaches know a lot about the industry and can answer questions, offer insights, feedback, and recommendations.
- Make connections. Experienced coaches have a large network of connections they can use to help their clients develop their skills and find new opportunities
- Face new challenges. Coaching programs take clients out of their comfort zone to try new things and be a better marketer. They also help build agents confidence level
If you’re at a point in your career where you want to dedicate more time to learning and want to avoid scouring the web for coaching programs, here are eight of the best real estate coaching programs. Each one focuses on different needs, so you’re sure to find something that fits your needs.
1. Tom Ferry Coaching
Tom Ferry is the top real estate educator, as well as one of the most powerful people in the residential real estate brokerage industry, according to Swanepoel Power 200. He personally has more than 30,000 hours of coaching experience, and his coaching clients are paired up with their own Tom Ferry-certified coach to provide them with one-on-one counseling.
There are three different real estate coaching programs to choose from — Core+, Team+, and Elite+ — that cover a variety of topics, including leadership skills, sales confidence, and lead generation. In addition to practical steps real estate agents can take to improve and grow their business, Tom Ferry’s programs also focus on agents at the personal level, encouraging them to make positive changes and set goals, as well as providing them with resources to help hold them accountable.
- Core+ monthly plan: 4 installments of $749 + 8 installments of $599
- Team+ monthly plan: $2,999
- Elite+: 4 installments of $1,399 + 8 installments of $1,099
2. The Real Estate Trainer
The Real Estate Trainer, powered by Icenhower Coaching & Consulting (ICC), was founded by real estate executive, broker, speaker, and coach Brian Icenhower. As the former CEO of the wildly successful Keller Williams Realty Kansas City North, Brian is a well-known figure in the real estate industry. As of June 2019, ICC has successfully guided 500 real estate agents through coaching to reach their goals. Agents have experienced increases in Gross Commission Income (GCI), average sales price, team size, and lead generation.
The success of the ICC program is due in part to the network of coaches they employ, their ability to meet the individual needs of each client, and the accountability system they have that ensures clients stay on track to meet their goals. The agents who benefit the most from this real estate coaching program are the ones who need help organizing their internal processes and workflows but require a custom approach that gives them specific guidance. The ICC program helps agents and their teams become more efficient, productive, and confident.
The coaching program offers:
- Custom coaching options
- An online learning platform
- Access to a library packed with training resources
Examples of some of the courses offered include The Real Estate Agents Ultimate Guide to Farming Neighborhoods, The Buyer Lead Conversion Process, Door Knocking for Success.
Cost: The program is custom-designed for agents and teams, so a consult is needed to determine price. Online courses start as low as $39 for ten lessons.
3. Buffini & Company Coaching Solutions
Buffini & Company Coaching Solutions is the brainchild of Brian Buffini, a former top-performing real estate agent and the owner of Buffini & Company — the largest coaching, training, and development company in North America. Over the last 21 years, Buffini & Company has primarily helped agents become more effective at lead generation. To date, more than three million agents in 37 countries have passed through the program and grown their business.
There are three coaching programs to choose from:
- One2One Coaching. Coaches create custom plans for clients. Agents are able to identify opportunities that exist in their business and create strategies to be more profitable. On average, participants earn 11X more income than the national average.
- Group Coaching. Customized coaching offered in a group setting to enhance collaboration and accountability.
- Referral Maker PRO. Agents learn how to generate more leads to enjoy a steady income stream.
All of these programs are designed to help agents create more leads for their business, increase their revenue, and get more organized and strategic. Each program also comes with a monthly marketing kit and access to the Referral Maker CRM for lead generation.
Productivity-driven sprints for lead generation are also available, plus access to live events, networking, online member community, training support, and a referral network.
- One2One Coaching = $499/month
- Group Coaching = $239/month
- Referral Maker Pro = $129/month
4. Mike Ferry Coaching
The Mike Ferry Organization is one of the most trusted names in real estate coaching and sales training. It was founded by Mike Ferry, a long-time leader in the sales and management space. He’s also a former real estate agent and brings years of experience to the program to enable agents to unlock their sales potential and consistently meet their goals.
The coaching program has been around for 44 years and in that time, coaches have helped thousands of agents become more productive and increase their sales. Agents who are ready to increase their sales and learn to work smarter, not harder, will benefit from this coaching program.
Participants receive a wealth of knowledge delivered through training materials, DVDs and CDs, workbooks, in-person events, free sales scripts, and much more. Clients receive customized coaching that includes seminars, one-on-one coaching, audio training, and weekly check-ins with Mike. Agents can choose between a six-month or twelve-month coaching program.
- Premier Coaching = $1,000/month for 12 months
- One-on-One Coaching = $650/month for 12 months
- Mornings with Mike = $250/month for 6 months
5. Tim and Julie Harris Real Estate Coaching
Tim and Julie Harris are former top-selling real estate agents turned expert coaches. They’re also best-selling authors and have worked with other coaches to provide innovative strategies and invaluable industry knowledge to help agents succeed. Through their Tim and Julie Harris Real Estate Coaching program, Tim and Julie have worked with thousands of agents who specialize in different markets and price ranges — which is perfect for agents in specialized niches who require unique guidance.
There are five programs to choose from. Each one is packed with considerable value and a long list of resources:
- Premier Accountability
- Premier Plus
- Premier VIP
The main difference between these programs is the semi-private and private phone calls participants receive each month. Depending on the plan they choose, agents qualify for between one to four calls per month.
All participating agents get access to features like a private Facebook group, daily group coaching calls, resource library, events, marketing and branding, and lots more. Each course is custom-designed based on agent needs and ability. Participants have reported experiencing higher close rates, shorter days on market, and improved negotiation skills as a result of this program.
- Premier = $2,750 prepaid
- Premier Accountability = $399/mo
- Premier Plus = $599/mo
- Premier VIP = $997/mo
- Elite = $2,500/mo
To cater to agents with different budgets, financing is available.
6. Rob Vivian Coaching – The Ultimate Coaching Solution
The Rob Vivian Coaching program was founded by Rob Vivian, an author and accomplished real estate coach. The program helps real estate agents and brokers improve their internal processes and strategies to become more successful. To assist with this, Rob Vivian Coaching offers participants access to resources like:
- Coaching calls
- Sales scripts
- Contact management tech
- Daily calls and emails
- Accountability partnership
To accommodate the busy schedules of real estate agents, courses are offered in-person and online. There are seven programs to choose from:
- Platinum One-on-One. A hands-on, tactical approach to increasing productivity and sales.
- Bi-Weekly One-on-One Coaching. Consists of weekly conference calls and bi-weekly coaching calls to hold real estate agents accountable for their success.
- Web Coaching. Online coaching using pre-recorded webinars agents can access at their convenience.
- MasterMind Coaching. Coaching offered in a group setting so that participants can hold each other accountable.
- Scripts and Dialogues Bootcamp. An 8-week training program to help agents become better salespeople. Training is offered in-person on specific dates.
- Company Coaching. Coaching for real estate teams designed to help with lead generation and follow-up. Company-wide coaching allows leadership teams to identify opportunities to help manage teams more effectively.
- New Agent Coaching. Coaching to help new agents lay the foundation for a successful career. Coaching is offered in-person on specific dates.
Programs vary in length, but they’re all designed to help agents develop their business skills, improve lead generation, and marketing strategy.
- Platinum One-on-One = $699 CAD/month
- Bi-Weekly One-on-One Coaching = $399 CAD/month
- Web Coaching = $149 CAD/month
- MasterMind Coaching = $299 CAD/month
- Scripts and Dialogues Bootcamp = $495 CAD one time/person
- Company Coaching = $99 CAD/month
- New Agent Coaching = $495 CAD one time/person
Agents can download the contract for these programs to find out more about what’s offered.
7. Travis Robertson – Robertson Coaching International
Robertson Coaching International was founded by Travis Robertson. He’s a top-ranked real estate coach whose goal is to help agents reach their potential and create the type of business they aspire to have. Travis is also the CEO of Don’t Settle Group, which is a highly successful growth strategy and training company.
The Robertson Coaching International program is for agents who are ready to scale their business and stand out from the competition. With the help of coaches, participants learn how to improve their marketing, sales, lead generation, and collaboration skills. Agents are also introduced to new tools that help them manage their business more efficiently.
Growth Strategists help agents create action plans that help agents excel in their market. Like many popular real estate coaching programs, Robertson Coaching International relies heavily on accountability. As agents share details about their progress, they also receive feedback and custom recommendations from their Growth Strategist.
Before real agents start the coaching program, there’s a free 60-minute Coaching Strategy Session to help agents identify where they need the most help and roadblocks preventing growth. During the session, agents also receive a custom growth plan they can use to accomplish their goals.
Cost: Fees vary since the coaching program is personalized based on agents’ needs and goals. Contact the company for details.
8. Lee Davenport – Real Estate Coaching and Consulting
Dr. Lee Davenport is an author, a real estate educator, a guest speaker, former broker, and mentor. She’s studied what some of the most successful real estate agents have in common and used the insights to create her Real Estate Coaching and Consulting program. She also incorporates technology insights to cater to current changes in the real estate industry.
Dr. Lee even offers a Real Estate Tech Insider’s Club newsletter that shares updates and product demos of new real estate technology. The newsletter and the coaching programs are great for agents who want to incorporate more technology into their practice to connect with today’s audience.
Through the Real Estate Coaching and Consulting program, participants get access to monthly coaching sessions. There are also two 4-week options and two monthly 1-on-1 options available:
- 4-week Surge 1-on-1
- 4-week Evolution for groups
- 1-on-1 / 60-minute Recharge Strategy Session
- 1-on-1 / 120-minute Breakthrough Strategy Session
On-demand classes — summarized versions of the Mastermind events Dr. Davenport speaks at — are also available. On-demand videos can be watched individually or members can access all of them for a subscription fee.
- 4-week Surge 1-on-1 = $399/person
- 4-week Evolution for groups = $199/person
- 1:1 60 minute Recharge Strategy Session = $179/month
- 1:1 120 minute Breakthrough Strategy Session = $340/month
The on-demand videos range in price from free to approximately $1 per video.
Choosing the right real estate coaching program
There are great real estate coaching programs available, but each one is unique. The program you choose should be based on your budget and general needs assessment. Consider the goals you want to accomplish and check each program to find the closest match.
Many coaching programs share participant testimonials. Read these to gather more insights into which program is the best fit for you and the experience you prefer — for example, are their online and offline opportunities?
Many real estate coaching programs require a large financial investment as well as time. Take your time choosing and take advantage of free consultations to ask questions and confirm which program is right for you.